Scroll Top

Did you move?

Did you move?

Since 2002, all persons who are NOT U.S. citizens must inform USCIS of their change of address within 10 days of moving.

This includes all those persons who are Residents or under any of the non-immigrant visas, whether or not they have pending proceedings with Immigration. The penalty for non-compliance with this rule is very harsh: deportation.

If you are one of those who have not communicated your move, do not panic. The easiest way to do this is via the website: On the left hand side you will find a menu on which is indicated the link that will take you to the screen that will allow you to fulfill this obligation, save a copy on your computer, or print the result and keep it with your important documents.

You may also do so by filling out form AR-11 (which can be printed from the same web page) and mailing it to the address indicated. Do not forget to keep a copy for your records.

If you prefer, you may do so by calling 1-800-375-5283, with options in Spanish.

Luisa plugged in her computer at her new home, logged on to the Immigration website and in less than five minutes changed her address. Now you can rest. Congratulations.

¡mucho cuidado!

Cuídese de los notarios, consultores en inmigración o cualquier persona no calificada y preparada en estos temas. Siempre busque la asesoría y los servicios de un abogado de inmigración para sus procesos y trámites migratorios.