Marcela C. Rodríguez Esq.
Immigration Attorney Miami

Immigration Attorney Miami Articles Immigration Attorney Miami Florida Usa

What you need to know before applying for citizenship

Applying for citizenship of the United States is one of the most direct and simple procedures that can be performed before Immigration, as long as the necessary requirements are met:

Be at least 18 years of age
Be a green card for a minimum of 5 years (3 years for married US citizens)
Have good moral character
Have been in the U.S. For at least 30 months in the last 5 years.
Demonstrate ability to read and write in English (basic level) (with exceptions)
Pass U.S. history and civics exam (With exceptions)
Pledge allegiance to the U.S.
Generally the subject is complicated when Immigration finds indications that the requirements of permanence in the country or of good moral character have not been fulfilled or are in question.

Consult with our immigration attorneys in Miami or Charlotte if you want to start with your citizenship process and you are in any of these cases:

Has been out of the country for 6 months or more.
He has lived in another country since obtaining permanent residence.
You have had deportation orders in the past.
You have not filed or paid taxes.
He has not kept his children younger.
If he is a man, he did not register for military service between the ages of 18 and 26.
He's on PROBATION for the court.
He has had arrests, IUDs, he has committed crimes.
He has declared that he is an American citizen on an official payroll.
He has been charged with domestic violence, child abuse or neglect.
He has voted illegally in the U.S.
He has been an illegal gambler.
It has helped someone to illegally enter the country, even if it is a relative.
He has been involved in prostitution.
He has been a habitual taker, drug addict, or committed drug abuse.
It is possible to continue the procedure in most of the cases indicated, but it will be necessary for an immigration lawyer to advise you before filing your application for citizenship with Immigration. Do not risk doing it alone since it could even jeopardize your Permanent Residency.

NOTE: For more information consult our immigration lawyers in Miami, FL (786) -347-6474; Or Charlotte, NC (704) -469-6746.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *